Demo Day: SF Class 10 and NY Class 1
IndieBio DemoDay | October 27 & 27, 2020 | 1:00-3:00pm ET
The past 6 months have illustrated the dire need for innovative biotech to address pressing needs in human and planetary health crises.
IndieBio is proud to present its ‘pandemic class,’ founders who rose to the challenge of building paradigm-shifting companies during the largest infectious disease pandemic in a century. Each company was selected to be part of the elite IndieBio community because they were driven by a mission to improve human and planetary health.
Please join the first-ever two-day Demo Day event, introducing San Francisco class 10 and New York class 1, on October 27 + October 28, 2020.
IndieBio New York | Revisit IndieBio New York Demo Day here
IndieBio San Francisco | Revisit IndieBio San Francisco Demo Day here
Po and Arvind Decode the World!
Join the book that will launch us into the 21st century: the century of biology. Decoding the World, by IndieBio founder Arvind Gupta and Managing Director Po Bronson, is now available for purchase here!
Po & Arvind launched their book from The Basement on October 8, 2020.
Watch Po & Arvind in conversation about the opportunities to rebuild the world.
The New Biotech: IndieBio
Register Here | October 21, 2020 | 1:00-2:00pm ET
Fundamental Questions of Biotech
This weekly panel gathers thought leaders to address some of the most important questions in biotechnology.
Sign up for upcoming events:
- Stay Tuned!
Revisit past conversations:
- September 17, 2020: What is the Drug Development Process and How is it Changing?
- September 24, 2020: How Do Accelerators Benefit Therapeutic Startups?
- October 1, 2020: What Role Will Genomics Play in Medicine?
- October 8, 2020: How Will Telemedicine Change Clinical Trials?
- October 15, 2020: Can Biotech Solve One Health Problems?
- October 22, 2020: Where Will Our Future Drugs Come From?
- October 29, 2020: How Can Biotech Create Solutions to Address Public Health Needs and Make a Profit?
- November 17, 2020: How Is the Life Cycle of Biomaterials Designed?
- November 19, 2020: How Can Food Biotech Protect Planetary Health?
Biotech x Plant Biology| September 22, 2020 | 3:00-4:00pm ET
Learn the many ways that technology based on plant biology can lead to a great startup from our founder panel. Read our summary and review the event here.
Biotech x Mycology| October 20, 2020 | 3:00-4:00pm ET
Learn the many ways that technology based on fungal biology can lead to a great startup from our founder panel. Read our summary and review the event here.
Meet Our Founders
Meet the founders of New York Class 1 and San Francisco Class 10! IndieBio is hosting events every Wednesday in September and October to introduce our current classes. Each event features companies focused on a specific area of biotech, and founders who tell us how their technology is solving major problems within human & planetary health.
The events include startup pitches, a panel discussion, interactive breakout rooms, and networking opportunities. Click the link below to sign up and attend:
September 2, 2020 | 1:00-2:30pm ET | Advancements in Therapeutics
September 9, 2020 | 1:00-2:30pm ET: New Consumer Bio Technology Innovations
September 16, 2020 | 1:00-2:30pm ET: Sustainable Agriculture, Sustainable Planet
September 23, 2020 | 1:00-2:30pm ET: The Future is Female: Female Health and Reproductive Technologies
October 7, 2020 | 1:00-2:30pm ET: Biomanufacturing Technologies
October 14, 2020 | 1:00-2:30pm ET: Carbon Recycling
Founder Series: The Essentials for Successful Biotech Startups
These live-only events provide fundamentals for building a biotech startup. This series has ended for the fall but will resume in early 2021: stay tuned!
Past Founder Series Events:
- July 22 2020: How to Fundraise for Your Company
- August 5 2020: Using Customer Discovery to Build a Successful Business Model
- August 19 2020: Patent Basics for Biotech Founders
- September 2, 2020: How to Talk with VCs
- September 16, 2020: Giving Your Best Pitch
- September 30, 2020: Maximizing Your Biotech Mentor Relationship