Sugarlogix (Zimitech, Inc.) Sugarlogix is a biotechnology company based in Berkeley, CA. We are creating prebiotic sugars with functional benefits for gut health. Our products are inspired by the very best of nature’s evolution. Found naturally in human breast milk, our functional sugar products restore balance to the gut microbiome, enhance the immune system, and reduce inflammation. They are ideal ingredients for infant formulas, gut health supplements, and functional food & beverage products.
Sugarlogix is seeking a Strain engineering associate In this role, you will be responsible for developing yeast S. cerevisiae strains for a biological conversion process.
- Perform strain engineering to construct yeast strain capable of producing a desirable product
- Improve yeast strain productivity by metabolic engineering, protein engineering and/or various synthetic biology approaches
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, bioengineering or related fields
- 2+ year experience of biological laboratory research
- Excellent communication skills
- Work well under pressure, thrive as part of a team and motivated to work independently
- Experience in operating bench top and/or industrial-size fermenterss