Stem Cell Biologist
San Francisco, CA
Contact us at: email@example.com or apply on Facebook
New Age Meats is a San Francisco based cellular agriculture — clean meat — company.
We create tasty meat that is healthier for you and the environment — all without harming
animals. Our automated R&D platform allows us to create products at unmatched
speed, bringing the world closer to a balanced food ecosystem.
We are currently part of the IndieBio accelerator in downtown San Francisco. You would
be an integral early part of our science team, helping us form our long term direction.
About this job
We are looking for a stem cell biologist responsible for cell line creation. You would be
at the core of our science team.
● Deriving and maintaining mammalian cell lines
● Formulating culture media
● Conducting genetic engineering of cells
● Offering strategic scientific inputs for long term data acquisition and analysis
● Analysing data and presenting results in internal and external meetings
● Ph.D. in Stem Cell Biology or related discipline (or equivalent experience – e.g. 4
years in industry)
● Experience working with iPSC highly desired (induction to pluripotency,
maintenance, downstream applications)
● Experience working with mammalian cells (preferably pig)
● Comfortable in utilising gene editing techniques (CRISPR, lentiviral
New Age Meats is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status or disability status.