New Age Meats is a San Francisco based cell-cultured meat company. We create delicious meat made from animal cells instead of animal slaughter — healthier for humans, animals, and Earth. We’re excited about bringing the best automation and data science practices into stem cell biology — developing enhanced cell lines, media, and bioreactor scaling — to bring cultured meat to market faster and more affordable.
We are currently part of the IndieBio accelerator in downtown San Francisco. You would be an integral early part of our science team, helping us form our long-term direction.
About this job
We are looking for a stem cell biologist responsible for cell line creation. You would be at the core of our science team.
- Deriving and maintaining mammalian cell lines
- Formulating culture media
- Conducting genetic engineering of cells
- Offering strategic scientific inputs for long term data acquisition and analysis methods
- Analyzing data and presenting results in internal and external meetings
- Ph.D. in Stem Cell Biology or related discipline (or equivalent experience – e.g. 4 years in the industry)
- Experience working with iPSC highly desired (induction to pluripotency, maintenance, downstream applications)
- Experience working with mammalian cells (preferably pig)
- Comfortable in utilizing gene editing techniques (CRISPR, lentiviral transductions)
New Age Meats is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. Please send CV and Cover Letter to Nicholas Legendre email@example.com