Orphidia is leading the development of next generation medical technology which will transform medical testing and the healthcare industry. Our portable device can simultaneously run all the common lab tests for liver, kidney, cardiac, thyroid, and hormone levels with results provided within 20 minutes. We now have a fast-growing, multidisciplinary team of more than 20 engineers, biologists and technicians. Orphidia is funded by well known Silicon Valley investors and is targeting rapid expansion in the US medical market through its partnerships with premier US health systems. The process of performing the most common blood tests hasn’t changed in decades: once the patient visits the doctor’s clinic, the test is done in a lab off premise, extending the time to diagnosis by weeks. But 1 in 3 people who die from chronic diseases every year could live longer if their disease was diagnosed earlier. Our device will change that by enabling rapid, lab-accurate, simultaneous, measurement of multiple biomarkers anywhere and anytime from a single blood drop. Orphidia’s technology will change healthcare, expanding access to testing globally and enabling the practice of medicine to become truly information based.
We are looking for a key talented and driven individual to join our team. An exciting opportunity to enable further development of the bioassay technologies employed by Orphidia exists for the right candidate. The role involves a significant amount of research & interaction with cross-disciplinary teams to ensure that the chosen biochemistry is compatible with all aspects of system assembly and operation. Whilst a basic knowledge of in vitro diagnostics and system development would be useful and preferred, the bulk of experience and knowledge must lie in clinical assay development. Significant innovation will be required along with a willingness to overcome problems using technologies that you may not currently be familiar with.
The ideal candidate will also be willing to jump in and help other team mates as required. They will also be responsible for junior team members requiring mentoring and guidance of team objectives, whilst ensuring tight deadlines are consistently met.
Familiarity with standard protein assays currently used in clinical diagnostics such as immunoassays and colorimetric enzyme assays are desirable along with fluorescence microscopy. An understanding of protein stability and long term storage investigations is a significant bonus.
• PhD in either Biochemistry, Biomedical engineering and Molecular biology, with experience in industry.
• Significant practical experience and theoretical knowledge of protein stability studies, microarray protein biochemistry, or immunoassay developments for clinical diagnostics.
• Excellent laboratory practical skills particularly in the area of protein biochemistry/molecular biology techniques and experience operating and maintaining a range of advanced technological bioanalysis platforms.
• Experience in DOE
• Leadership experience and demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary team and independently.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Passion for and ability to understand complex multidisciplinary systems.
Advantageous if you also have:
• Microfluidics exposure
• Experience in running diagnostic assays
• Experience of working in a clinical laboratory
• Experience working with clinical laboratory analyzers
• Familiarity with ISO 13485, FDA, GMP and GLP standards