Full time – San Francisco/Los Angeles
Diadem Biotherapeutics Inc., is seeking an Immunologist with T-cell expertise to join a cross-disciplinary team developing novel, immunotherapeutic biologics for chronic inflammation and autoimmune diseases. The position will be part of a dynamic group responsible for characterizing a novel class of biologics and assessing pre-clinical safety and efficacy. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, team-player who can prioritize responsibilities, multi-task and remain flexible with changing needs and evolving responsibilities in a start-up environment. The candidate would have the opportunity to participate in community activities and biotech business development curriculum at the IndieBio accelerator/incubator in San Francisco. The ideal candidate is willing to relocate to Diadem’s Los Angeles headquarters in early 2020. The position title and compensation level will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and execute immune cell-based functional assays.
- Develop analytical test methods for biologics testing.
- Write technical reports, protocols, and SOPs
- Maintain accurate laboratory notebook and relevant documentation.
- Present results in both internal and external forums.
- Prepare study reports and presentations for group meetings, conferences, publications and regulatory filings.
- Design and direct in vivo safety, efficacy, and PK/PD studies with Industry and Academic collaborator.
Qualifications and Skills
- M.S. with 3+ years of industry experience or PhD in Immunology, Rheumatology, T cell biology or a related field.
- A track record of achievement, creativity, and independent critical thinking, as shown by a strong publication record or contributions to a therapeutic development program.
- Strong understanding of animal models of autoimmune diseases.
- Extensive experience in human immune cell isolation and immunophenotyping using multicolour flow cytometry.
- Experience with immunoassays and cytokine analyses (intracellular, ELISA, Luminex).
- Experience with ex vivo immunological assays to modulate immune cell subsets in vitro, including co-culture assays and primary cell-based assays for T cell activation.
- Strong oral presentation and communication skills.
- Organized, collaborative, team-player attitude.
- Direct experience in the pre-clinical development of I-O therapies in one or more of these modalities: checkpoint antibodies, biologics and CAR-T would be a plus.
- Candidate with extensive R&D and people management experience may be considered for a leadership role.
Please send CV to email@example.com