Circularis Biotechnologies is a small start-up company specializing in DNA promoter discovery and engineering, to serve gene therapy and bio-manufacturing companies around the world. We have an immediate opening for a research scientist (full-time) to be part of our growing team located in Oakland, California. This position offers the opportunity to participate in projects using a wide variety of techniques in the fields of molecular biology, biochemistry, and bioinformatics. We also offer generous stock options to candidates ready to commit to a long-term position. The following skills are required:
- Ph.D. in an area focused on molecular biology with at least 2 years of postdoctoral or industrial experience.
- Extensive experience in the design and cloning of gene expression plasmids using advanced molecular biology skills (library construction, etc.).
- Experience in nucleic acid analysis (DNA, RNA), and next-generation sequencing methods.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, and viral and/or non-viral delivery methods is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, team-orientated environment.
- Passion for continued learning and helping others learn.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.