Our mission at Multus is to create the key ingredient, the growth media, to make cultivated meat affordable and profitable. We are developing a system that allows the production of animal-free, food-grade growth media using our optimised proteins that can meet demand at a commercially viable price-point. You will join a quickly growing, dedicated team building a company and with your knowledge of cell culturing we will create the key ingredient for cultivated meat to become reality.
As an early member of the team, you will work alongside our founders to establish our engineering pipeline. You will be working with cutting-edge technologies both in silico and in the lab, such as state-of-the-art machine learning techniques, lab automation, HT screening, and many more.
We’re looking for someone who is excited about applying the latest advancements from computer science in engineering biology. If you are excited to dedicate yourself to work on some of the most impactful solutions to the future of humanity, then you are at the right place.
Role & Responsibility
- Develop and implement computational pipelines for (semi-) rational protein engineering.
- Utilisation of Design-of-Experiments, data analysis and statistics for media formulation optimisation.
- Collaborative coding for bioinformatics & data analysis.
- Actively engage in interdisciplinary research and collaborate with other research streams.
- Be a subject matter expert in all unit operations and have the ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
- Assist other team members with experiments.
- Take an active role in determining the next steps alongside the project team/lead.
- Rigorous documentation and codebase maintenance. Proficient data collection, management, and interpretation.
- Have the ability to be an independent contributor and work under ambiguity.
Skills & abilities
- Extensive experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, biophysics, physics, computer science, computational biology, quantitative biology, or related field.
- Significant hands-on technical experience with ML/DL and collaborative software development.
- Enthusiasm to learn new techniques and a strong curiosity for areas of biology previously unknown to you.
- Wet lab skills (or knowledge of what a wet lab looks like) is a plus.
- Experience with design of experiment (DoE), lab automation, statistical analysis, and modelling preferred.
- Good communicator and be comfortable with handling simultaneous tasks.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and interdisciplinary environment.
What we offer
- Competitive salary with possible share options.
- Flexible PTO with 25 paid holidays per year.
- UK visa sponsorship is available.
Your job is to help us develop a game-changing composition. As such, and in line with the company mission, we expect you to be excited about alternative proteins and be dedicated to making cultivated meat a reality. Our aim is to help the planet by unlocking the cultivated industry, so you must be motivated to do exactly this. Our culture is casual but the work is serious. We expect you to be a flexible and focused team player.
The applications are considered on a rolling basis, we are closing this role the latest on the 28 February.
Apply here: https://multus.kenjo.io/computational-biology