New Age Meats is a San Francisco based cellular agriculture — clean meat — company. We create delicious meat made from animal cells instead of animal slaughter — healthier for humans, animals, and Earth.
We’re excited about bringing the best automation and data science practices into stem cell biology — developing enhanced cell lines, media, and bioreactor scaling — to bring cultured meat to market faster and more affordably.
We are currently part of the IndieBio accelerator in downtown San Francisco. You would be an integral early part of our science team, helping us form our long term direction.
About this job
We are looking for an automation engineer, to contribute to the creation and refinement of our automation pipeline. You would be at the core of our technology team.
- Specing and cost analysis of biotech hardware
- Sourcing and assembly of components and equipment
- Generation and optimisation of analysis algorithms
- Strategic inputs for long term data acquisition and analysis methods
- Analysing data and presenting results in internal and external meetings
- Experience in cellular biology lab automation
- Experience in assembling bioreactors
- Experience in visual, genomic and molecular data analysis
- Experience in a relevant language: MATLAB, ImageJ, Python, LabVIEW, Java, C, etc.
- Fondness for biohacking or hardware/software hacking
We’re open to a part-time/contract position.
New Age Meats is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.