New Age Meats is a fast-growing Berkeley based cellular agriculture company. We create delicious meat made from animal cell culture instead of animal slaughter – healthier for humans, animals, and the planet. We are excited about bringing the best automation and data science practices into stem cell biology – developing enhanced cell lines, media, and bioreactor scaling – to bring cultivated meat to
market faster and more affordably.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious QC technician to join our vibrant team and grow with us and work efficiently to become a senior professional in this field. The QC Tech reports to the QC manager and the administration; and collaborate with all research and manufacturing departments of the company.
- Perform duties in compliance with GLP, GMP, other Food Safety best practices (GFSI, ISO, GRAS, etc.), and quality standards of New Age Meats.
- Develop, maintain, and execute SOPs to evaluate and validate the integrity of raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods against any local, state, or federal safety guidelines. Techniques may include physicochemical, microbiological, biochemical and similar.
- Maintain up-to-date product documentation provided by raw material Suppliers such as MSDS, COA, PDS, etc. as well as certification documentation such as Organic, Allergen statement, etc.
- Provide QC support within various company departments to ensure in-house or 3rd party evaluations are completed with high integrity on time.
- Assist with applied research projects and other special projects on request.
- Develop and maintain inspection reports for all tools, instruments, equipment in all workspaces such as maintenance, calibration, and certification.
- Supply approved pre-packed ingredients/ media/ buffer and other materials as required to various internal departments.
- Identify areas for quality control improvement and implement new methods accordingly
- Communicate quality or compliance concerns with urgency
- Knowledge in Microbiology and Biochemistry tests required for QC of Biopharma and food products
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- A diploma or a bachelor or a masters or an associate degree in Biology / Microbiology / Food Science or other related fields
- Strong working knowledge of various arithmetic concepts including fractions, ratios, and proportions
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience as quality control technician is preferred
- Experience in quality inspection and/or production experience is preferred
New Age Meats is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.