PROCESS DEVELOPMENT – Recombinant Protein Production
Harmony Baby Nutrition is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic and innovative team to lead Harmony’s pipeline of human breast milk proteins for baby formulas. We are dedicated to the rapid expression and purification of recombinant proteins and human breast milk component to advance exciting discovery research projects in our portfolio.
- Expression of recombinant human breast milk proteins employing a range of eukaryotic host cell systems using cutting edge as well as established technical procedures.
- Purification of recombinant protesin using affinity-based and/or conventional chromatographic separation techniques.
- Biophysical and enzymatic characterization of recombinant protein candidates.
- Documentation, analysis and presentation of data in well-organized written and oral formats.
- Writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and maintaining a high-quality Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN).
- Preparing presentations and presenting data to internal and external Harmony partners.
- Workign with teams with diverse scientific backgrounds.
- PhD or equivalent in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering, biophysics or related field.
- 2+ years industry experience.
- Past experience must include hands-on research and evidence of applying technical skills to the areas of expression & purification, and scale-up of recombinant protein production.
- The candidate should have effective communication skills, the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment, and present data in well-organized written and oral formats.
- Experience in expression and purification of recombinant proteins from eukaryotes (mammalian and yeast).
- Demonstrated ability to innovate in the areas of cell culture and mammalian cell expression.
- Prior experience with protein analytical techniques.
- Prior hands-on experience with protein expression & purification, and/or large-scale protein production.
Harmony is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, affectional or sexual orientation, disability, veteran or military status or liability for military status, domestic violence victim status, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.