IndieBio is seeking an Operations Analyst to join our team full-time. IndieBio is a leading life science accelerator for human and planetary health. Our 4-month program provides $250k investment and lab access to enable scientists to build radically transformative companies. We are part of SOSV, a $650M AUM Venture Capital firm providing multi-stage investment capital through seven accelerators located worldwide. We have accelerated over 105 early-stage biotech companies spanning the future of food/agriculture, computational biology, therapeutics, medical devices & diagnostics, neurotech, regenerative medicine and beyond.
- Data Collection: collect, curate and analyse key business and scientific performance indicators for IndieBio’s maturing portfolio of 105 cutting-edge life-science companies in a repeatable and scalable fashion.
- Analysis: build dashboards and put out periodic reports to monitor the fund’s performance and exposure to different sectors, build financial models for companies and monitor/summarize funding rates and VC landscape.
- Research and Deal Diligence: help identify and diligence investment opportunities, mining leading indicators from alternative data to help understand existing and new markets.
- Deal Execution and Analysis: assist the team with executing new and follow-on financings, including writing investment memos and modelling cap table scenarios.
- Platform Building: support Managing Director with scheduling and supporting the wider IndieBio platform and brand by assisting in putting on firm events and demo-days.
- Team player who enjoys building relationships and a respectful community.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proactive and a self-starter, with a strong work ethic, has a point of view, and is an outstanding communicator.
- Demonstrated academic excellence with a Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field from a top undergraduate institution.
- Enjoys reading science publications and technology white papers, as well as tinkering on large datasets and models.
- Strong spreadsheet skills, programming experience required (e.g. in Python/R) and experience with database systems (SQL) preferred.