Sundial Foods, Inc. is an early stage plant-based meats company in the Bay Area. We believe that people shouldn’t feel like they’re making compromises when choosing plant-based, and so we create next-generation products that deliver an exceptional experience in terms of taste, texture, and nutrition. We’re a small, scrappy, and eager team looking for a go-getter who wants to roll up their sleeves and join our mission.
The candidate would be foundational to the team, and would work on a variety of exciting products, leading our efforts around upscale and industrial process design in collaboration with contract manufacturers and larger industry partners. Previous experience in industrial food processing is required, and the candidate must demonstrate the ability to problem-solve and draw on knowledge of industrial systems in order to solve unique challenges. Work at Sundial is fast-paced and dynamic, with new challenges and new opportunities arising frequently.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in food process engineering or a similar field
- At least 1-2 years of experience in the food industry
- A team player and effective communicator who demonstrates leadership and initiative
- An open, innovative, and curious mindset
- Bonus: culinary experience (or just passion!)
- Drive the upscale planning of plant-based meat alternatives in collaboration with co-manufacturers
- Identify key bottlenecks and increase processing efficiency while minimizing cost
- Continuously compute and compare manufacturing costs
- Communicate, experiment, and iterate around process designs, with particular attention to quality and safety
- Apply bench scale learnings to pilot and industrial scale settings
- Explore and compare a variety of equipment suppliers and contract manufacturers
The expected start date is the 1st of May. We look forward to hearing from you!
Sundial Foods, Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org (Please email resume and cover letter here)