New Age Meats is a San Francisco based cellular agriculture — clean/cell-based/lab-grown/cultured meat — company. We create delicious meat made from animal cells instead of animal slaughter — healthier for humans, animals, and the Earth.
We’re excited about bringing the best automation and data science practices into stem cell biology — developing enhanced cell lines, media, and bioreactor scaling — to bring cultured meat to market faster and more affordably. You would be an integral early part of our science team, helping us form our long-term direction.
About this job
We are looking for a part to full time intern (20-40 hr/week) for the summer who would assist in the lab side of New Age Meats. Opportunities also exist to help with the automation and business sides of a fast-moving startup.
- Following established lab protocols and helping establish new ones
- Lab maintenance
- Participating in planning meetings
- (Optional) Assembling and troubleshooting automation equipment
- (Optional) Implementing data transfer from hardware into custom databases
- (Optional) Assist in business development, operations, scaling, and marketing
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in a biology lab
- Experience with aseptic and common lab techniques
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Current undergraduate student
- Able to work 20-40 hr/week on a regular schedule
- Familiarity and passion in the intersection of hardware, software, and biology
- Desire to learn and grow in a startup
- Authorized to work in the US
Send Resume to email@example.com
New Age Meats is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.