Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Reports to: Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time
Location: South San Francisco, CA
A growing syn-biotechnology company is seeking an experienced Human Resources
Manager to join their South San Francisco-based team. The HR Manager will act as an employee champion able to assess and anticipate HR-related needs and will work
closely with leadership to develop solutions. In this position, you will support the
Leadership team with all issues related to human resources. You should be a proactive
communicator and change agent, someone who can successfully balance employee
needs with business objectives to create integrated solutions. The ideal candidate has
solid experience with HR practices and employee management.
Apple here: https://clarafoods.applytojob.com/apply/gkSeFMrNkY/Human-Resources-Manager?source=Indiebio
- Oversee the administration of current employee benefit plans, seek to improve existing benefit offerings, and research new programs to maintain the company’s competitive position in the market.
- Develop programs and/or processes in support of employee engagement and development.
- Provide day-to-day performance management support to managers; provide coaching, counseling, and disciplinary actions to employees as needed.
- Work alongside hiring managers to meet recruitment objectives.
- Maintain accurate records in HRIS and payroll systems.
- Foster and communicate company policy and promote adherence to best practices.
- Ensure company meets all compliance requirements with a myriad of complex state and federal laws and regulations.
- Identify training needs for business units and participate in facilitation.
- Assist in immigration matters for foreign nationals.
- At least 7 years’ experience in Human Resources preferred.
- Progressive HR experience in a start-up/biotech organization strongly preferred.
- Working understanding of core HR functions, including compensation, benefits & incentives, employment law, career development, employee engagement, and recruiting.
- Demonstrated experience with cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong ability to use data to influence decision-making.
- Comfortable working in fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with HRIS (Namely), compensation software (Payscale), IT vendors, recruiting software tools (JazzHR), and facilities management preferred.
NOTE about job location: This role will be remotely based for at least the first few months of employment in 2021. Once the company has declared it safe to work from the South San Francisco office, this role will work from that office.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- SHRM-CP or equivalent certification required; SHRM-SCP or equivalent preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related program
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for Clara Foods
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Experience at a high-growth startup in the ingredient, flavor, agricultural and food a plus
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both in creation and execution
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and in a variety of cultures – both internal and external.
- Available to travel domestically approximately < 5%
- Ability to take risks to achieve desired results
- Ability to adapt and support others through change, ambiguity and complexity
What Clara Foods can offer:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock options
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee and tea
- Weekly themed happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and Cal Train stations, including free shuttle service
About Clara Foods™
Clara Foods™ is a venture capital-backed company working towards a disruptive advance in food technology by producing animal proteins using fermentation — without the animal. We join a new generation of entrepreneurs, activists and scientists who recognize that the decades-old factory farm model cannot sustain the dietary needs of 7 billion people and counting – and that technology may hold a solution.