For people who believe eating healthier should be effortless and tasty, The Not Company is a Foodtech, that reinvents animal-based foods using only plants. Unlike traditional food businesses, our company uses technology to recreate the same products we love to eat in a natural, sustainable and affordable way, keeping it functional, easy to use and mouthwateringly delicious.
We are growing in new ways and markets. We are motivated by change and purpose. We are ready to roll up our sleeves and do what it takes to start something new. Be part of the transformation!
We are currently looking for a Food Scientist to be part of the Artificial Intelligence group at our San Francisco office.
The Food Scientist will be part of the global Artificial Intelligence (AI) team and will report to the CTO. They will work with our Machine Learning, Software Engineers, Product Developers, and Research Chefs teams in the US and Latin America. These teams work together on the continuous development of Giuseppe, the NotCo’s disruptive Artificial Intelligence technology. This position is located in San Francisco, CA.
Specifically, this person will:
- participate in the design of new cognitive capabilities for Giuseppe.
- provide valuable insights about the main challenges in the Food Industry (mostly plant-based)
- perform experiments for characterization of innovative plant-based ingredients, food prototypes, and products using scientific methods to improve applications for the Machine learning team
- propose improvements in products and processes based on experimental results
- communicate and share knowledge on the latest technologies, trends, and information about plant-based ingredients
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of experience in the food industry with plant-based food experience
- knowledge in Food Biochemistry
- knowledge in Molecular Biology is a plus
- classes and/or certifications in Innovation methodology a plus
- a Masters degree in Food Science/Technology, or a PhD, a plus
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.