Sugarlogix (IB05) is a FoodTech company that creates complex sugars with prebiotic functions. These sugars are not energy sources for the human body; instead, they selectively feed the beneficial bacteria living inside the human gut. This restores balance in the gut microbiome, which in return, promotes the immune system and the nervous system. Sugarlogix is seeking a a Director of Process Development to manage the Process Development functions of the company
- Develop and manage the company’s process development roadmap with input from all stakeholders.
- Own process development project management functions: set and communicate schedules, milestones, and progress on a regular basis to team, management and investors. Process development projects of the company include but are not limited to fermentation optimization, downstream process optimization, scaling up, techno economic analysis and tech transfer.
- Manage a team of early career scientists and engineers, provide guidance and mentoring, identify new roles to fill and lead recruitment effort.
- Develop strong team culture that rewards collaborative work.
- Oversee all documentation, reports, and presentations of technical results.
- Regularly update the CEO with written reports.
- Identify, recruit and manage consultants, contractors and facilities to address process development needs of the company.
- Analysis and presentation of technical data, experimental parameters and results.
- Summarizing results in graphs, figures, written reports and presentations.
- Preparation of technical summaries, roadmap updates, and any other supporting information needed by the CEO for presentations.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- 5 – 10 years in a fermentation-based manufacturing industry.
- Experience managing and growing teams, managing projects.
- Experience transferring lab scale processes to manufacturing.
- Experience briefing executives on results, plans, resource requirements.
- Experience working across organizations in partnerships, collaborations, or technology transfer
- Clear, concise written and oral communication in English.
- Proactive and efficient communicator with ability to build credibility with
- Experience in the synthetic biology, food ingredients, or biological manufacturing business a plus.
Send CV to:
|Chaeyoung Shin firstname.lastname@example.org|