Khepra is an IndieBio-backed startup focused on developing and deploying a renewably powered ultrasonic process for waste to fuel production. Our mission is to help nations and communities around the world reliably access sustainable energy by deploying waste-to-fuels infrastructure. We believe that supplementing renewable electricity generation systems with an electrified waste-to-fuels plant can catalyze the growth of the renewable energy market while eliminating unsustainable amounts of waste.
Khepra is seeking a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) with a passion for transitioning the bioeconomy to help develop our research and development (methodological, technological, and human) and to improve upon our chemical reactor platform. The candidate must have great organizational and communication, with at least 6 years of industrial R&D experience. Khepra is an early startup, so a key requirement is versatility.
We encourage individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds to apply for this position. The ideal applicant would have experience and expertise in all of the following domains:
Chemical analysis (such as Mass Spectrometry, NMR, HPLC, FTIR); sustainable biofuels and biochemicals via catalytic pyrolysis of biomass; advanced refining technologies; biomaterials, biofuels, and biochemicals; and IP and stakeholder management.
CTO’s responsibilities may include:
- leading the company’s research and development activities;
- optimizing ultrasonic pyrolysis methodologies;
- developing processes for scale-up;
- ensuring customers are supported through the company’s scientific efforts;
- drafting patents and grants;
- creating standard operating procedures and protocols as well as other experimental communication mechanism such as diagrams;
- developing a catalysis regime;
- leading in long term and short term strategic decision making in the technological domain;
- and hiring research personnel.
Each candidate will need to demonstrate a proven track record of scientific rigour and carrying out high quality work in catalysis and bio-waste pyrolysis. A PhD degree and MBA are both required.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume or Linkedin profile to email@example.com
We look forward to meeting with you and learning about your interests and experiences. Help us develop commercializable renewable fuel!