If you love working with robots, if you love building DNA constructs, we are looking for you! Do you have a passion for using biotechnology to build sustainable new sources of animal-free protein? Do you want to join a new community of entrepreneurs, activists and scientists who recognize that the decades old factory farm model cannot sustain the dietary needs of 7 billion people – and that technology may hold a solution. You will love our mission of using innovative robotics and synthetic DNA technology to create novel sources of protein for human nutrition.
Reports To: Director, Strain Engineering
- BS in molecule biology, bio-engineering or similar program with experience in an industrial setting (e.g. industrial biotechnology, biofuels, synthetic biology).
- Strong expertise in standard synthetic biology techniques such as RE digestion and ligations, agarose gel analysis, PCR, Gibson cloning, and bacterial and yeast transformation
- Expression testing using PAGE analysis and/or LabChipSkilled in the use of robotics systems such as QPix, Biomek FX for HTP screening
- Comfortable working within a small, collaborative team, passionate about changing the world of food
Role and responsibilities:
As a key member of the Strain Engineering team, you will
- Plan, design, and execute DNA construction strategies
- Quantify protein production from yeast strains Participate in HTP screening program using Qpix and Biomek FX robots
- Work alongside creative, innovative scientists