Sugarlogix (Zimitech, Inc.) headquartered in Berkeley, California, is a biotechnology company creating prebiotic sugars with functional benefits for healthier products by utilizing its specialty in oligosaccharide metabolism. As an early stage company, we look forward to having you on board to build the fundamentals and to help shape our direction.
Sugarlogix is seeking a Scientist,Metabolic Engineering to develop yeast S. cerevisiae strains for a biological conversion process.
Detailed Job Description
- Perform strain engineering to construct yeast strains capable of producing a desirable product.
- Improve yeast strain productivity by metabolic engineering, protein engineering and/or various synthetic biology approaches.
- PhD or Master in Microbiology, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology or relevant fields. Bachelor with extensive direct experience will be considered.
- 4+ years experience in metabolic engineering, synthetic biology or related fields
- Experience in designing and solving metabolic pathway bottlenecks, including protein engineering and relevant molecular biology techniques.
- Experience in working with S. cerevisiae
- Work well under pressure, thrive as part of a team and motivated to work independently.
- Experience in operating bench top and industrial-size fermenters
- Experience in industrial setting