IndieBio, is the world’s largest seed-stage life science accelerator. We are devoted to building startups dedicated to solving humanity’s most pressing problems with life itself.
Our 4-month program includes $250K funding, lab space, and mentorship to turn scientists into entrepreneurs. We have funded 67 early stage biotech companies spanning all applications including future of food/agriculture, consumer biotech, computational biology, digital health, therapeutics, medical devices, neurotech, and regenerative medicine.
IndieBio is looking for a full-time lab manager to handle day-to-day operations of laboratory and the program. Being a startup accelerator, up to 15 companies will share the space and will have different needs. The lab manager is to help accommodate their needs and keep the lab tidy, efficient, and safe. Beyond lab management, this role will have the opportunity to assist in the program, scientific advising, scientific diligence of incoming companies, vendor relationships, community events, scheduling, tours, social media, and other tasks as needed. Successful candidates must have a startup mentality to proactively make improvements, whether it is implementing a better process for ordering or picking up trash off the floor.
- Ph.D. in biology or related field with significant laboratory experience in academia, industry, or early startup
- Interest or experience in lab management and operations
- Interest in startup culture and innovation
- Proactive about making improvements to facility, instrumentation, and processes
- Ability to fix instruments or improvise solutions is a plus
- Excellent skills in communication, presentation, conflict resolution, emotional intelligence, and working in a team
- Work authorization in the United States
- Work closely with IndieBio team and accelerator companies
- Manage facility, instrument upkeep, compliance documentation, and safety training
- Manage vendor and partnership relationships
- Assist in program, scientific advising, scientific diligence of incoming companies, community events, scheduling, giving tours, social media, and other tasks as needed
- Suggest and implement improvements
Full time salary, health insurance, flexible vacation when accelerator is not in session
Please include a CV and cover letter when you apply.